To find recipes:
Option 1 - click on the category on the right and scroll through choices
Option 2 - Use the search box at the top of the window to find a component, ingredient, or any other word
Option 3 - Scroll through the index on the right side and click on the selected recipe
E-mail new submissions to Jwgalson@gmail.com or dkgalson@gmail.com

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Apple Cranberry Pie (Betsy and Paul)

Ingredients
½ cup sugar
11/2 Tbs cornstarch
1 tsp cinnamon
5 cups sliced apple
½ cup cranberries
½ cup raisins
½ cup pecans, chopped
Egg wash: 1 egg with 1Tbs water
Sugar for sprinkling

Directions
Filling: Combine sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, sliced apple, cranberries, raisins,and pecans, chopped. Place in pie shell, dot with butter and cover with top crust. Brush crust with egg wash and sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, reduce to 350 and bake another 30 minutes.

Comments
I started making apple pies when I was in high school. Norma Schlessinger, who ran the Everson Museum café, kindly let me put them on the dessert menu. My crust would get rave reviews. I simply used the crust recipe from my Betty Crocker Cookbook (given to me by my parents when I was 11). Actually, I wrestled with this crust and as time became an issue I switched to Pillsbury’s prepared crusts. Also, over the years, I embellished on the filling. So, the following recipe is not at all my famous apple pie from high school, but still a classic – if you like nuts and raisins

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews