½ cup red-wine vinegar
½ cup plus 1 T. olive oil
½ cup fresh oregano
¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
1 head fresh garlic, peeled and pureed
Kosher salt and pepper to taste
3 bay leaves
1 cup pitted olives, halved
5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halved
¾ cup brown sugar
1 cup red wine
8 shallots, chopped
1 T margarine
1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, halved
2 16-ounce cans artichoke hearts, drained
1. In a 9 by 12 inch baking dish, mix together vinegar, ½ cup oil, oregano, parsley, garlic, salt, pepper, bay leaves, and olives. Marinate chicken overnight in refrigerator.
2. Sprinkle with brown sugar and red wine. Bake for 1 hour, covered, at 350 degrees. Cool.
3. Remove chicken and cut into bite-size chunks and return to dish.
4. Sauté the shallots in margarine and remaining oil. Add tomatoes and artichoke hearts.
5. Pour sun-dried mixture over the chicken and reheat in 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes. Discard bay leaves and serve.
One time, I did not have red wine, so I used white wine vinegar and white wine-superb also. I usually use a little less sugar and have been known to use white onions if shallots did not make it into my shopping bags.
from Jewish Cooking in America, Joan Nathan
To find recipes:
Option 1 - click on the category on the right and scroll through choices
Option 2 - Use the search box at the top of the window to find a component, ingredient, or any other word
Option 3 - Scroll through the index on the right side and click on the selected recipe
E-mail new submissions to Jwgalson@gmail.com or firstname.lastname@example.org