6 potatoes (unpeeled)
2 medium onions
2/3 cup flour
S+P to taste
2 garlic cloves
- Work 1 batch at a time. Grate potatoes and zucchini, place in a colander lined with a tea towel. Add a generous pinch of salt, massage into grated mixture.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs + salt and pepper. Grate onions.
- Wring tea towel to remove as much liquid as possible, add solids to egg mixture.
- Drain off as much liquid from onions, add to the rest of the ingredients.
- Sprinkle over flour, mix until combined
- Prepare two cookie trays with cooling wracks, place double paper towels on top of cooling wracks.
- Fry latkes, pressing out liquid with slotted spoon before adding to pan. Transfer to lined cookie trays
- Put oven on warm, line a third cookie tray with double paper towels. Once first two trays are full, place latkes into warmer tray in a scalloped fashion (slightly overlapping to fit more).
- Leave on warm uncovered until ready to eat
- Switch out oil every two batches to avoid smoking